Are you a small business looking for an intern? Confused about how to reach out to Generation Z, or who to contact at a local college? Not sure if you have all the skills it takes to host a successful internship?
The SBDC and the Small Business Internship Initiative can help! We provide:
- confidential guidance at no cost in determining whether hosting an intern is the right option to help grow your business
- assistance in preparing internship descriptions, guidance with conducting interviews and supervisory skills
- access to students at 11 local colleges and universities all in one spot
The Small Business Internship Initiative is a collaborative program created to help small businesses learn about, attract, and host high-value internships and connect area small businesses and college students.
In order to be eligible, businesses must be for profit and meet the U.S. Small Business Administration Size Standards based on NAICS.
Internship opportunities are shared with Career Development partners at Clarks Summit University, Johnson College, Keystone College, Lackawanna College, Luzerne County Community College, Mansfield University, Marywood University, Misericordia University, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Penn State Worthington Scranton and The University of Scranton.
CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE A TIME TO TALK ABOUT HOSTING AN INTERN
Contact us at 570-941-7588 or email@example.com today!
Value to Small Businesses
- Grow Your Business. Hosting an intern can help you expand the capabilities of your business and reach your goals!
- Test Drive Talent. Welcoming students into your business is a great strategy – your talented intern can be your next permanent hire!
- Be Competitive. Adding a skilled intern’s perspective to your team will keep you a step ahead of the competition!
Learn more about the value of hosting a great internship at your small business! The Small Business Internship Initiative offers confidential guidance at no cost, from tools to marketing to skills!
Value to Students
- Get Paid. All paid opportunities, with option of credit based on student interest/school approval.
- Gain Experience. The chance to take on more responsibilities and experience entrepreneurship firsthand – one-on-one guidance and education from small business mentors.
- Stay Local. Access to unique, local internship opportunities.
- The possibility to explore career options you didn’t know existed!
Here are some of our past small business internship hosts & the internship opportunities they offered:
- The Slocum Firm, downtown Scranton
- Condron Media, downtown Scranton
- DxDempsey, downtown Scranton
- Pleasant Mount Welding Inc.,Carbondale
- Backyard Ale House, downtown Scranton
- Tuxedo By Sarno, Scranton
- Sho Technology Solutions, LLC, Scranton
- Fenton State Farm Insurance, Clarks Summit
- Jujama, Scranton
- Landmark Management Services, Scranton
- Jerry Musheno, Pharmacy Law Consulting, Clarks Summit
- Quest Studio, Jessup
- Pink Pedal, Scranton
- Space Time Mead & Cider Works, Dunmore