The Small Business Internship Initiative is a collaborative program created to help small businesses learn about, attract, and host high-value internships, connecting area small businesses and college students. Internship opportunities are posted online and shared with Career Development partners at Clarks Summit University, Johnson College, Keystone College, Lackawanna College, Luzerne County Community College, Mansfield University, Marywood University, Misericordia University, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Penn State Scranton, and The University of Scranton.
Now offering Micro-Internship Opportunities! Learn more.
Value to Small Businesses
- Grow Your Business. Hosting an intern can help you expand the capabilities of your business and reach your goals!
- Test Drive Talent. Welcoming students into your business is a great strategy – your talented intern can be your next permanent hire!
- Be Competitive. Adding a skilled intern’s perspective to your team will keep you a step ahead of the competition!
Learn more about the value of hosting a great internship at your small business! The Small Business Internship Initiative offers confidential guidance at no cost, from tools to marketing to skills!
Value to Students
- Get Paid. All paid opportunities, with option of credit based on student interest/school approval.
- Gain Experience. The chance to take on more responsibilities and experience entrepreneurship firsthand – one-on-one guidance and education from small business mentors.
- Stay Local. Access to unique, local internship opportunities.
- The possibility to explore career options you didn’t know existed!
The Small Business Internship Initiative was established by
The University of Scranton Small Business Development Center in 2013.
The University of Scranton Office of Community Relations, Lackawanna County Commissioners, The Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce, The City of Scranton, & Scranton Tomorrow
Career Services Departments Clarks Summit University, Johnson College, Keystone College, Lackawanna College, Marywood University, Penn State – Worthington Scranton and The University of Scranton