SBA Has Opened Applications for the Shuttered Venue Operations Grant
The U.S. Small Business Administration officially opened the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant (SVOG) application portal on April 8, 2021 at 12 p.m. EDT for operators of live venues, live performing arts organizations, museums and movie theatres, as well as live venue promoters, theatrical producers and talent representatives to apply for critical economic relief, as those eligible entities are some of the first that had to shutter their doors a year ago in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to learn more and to submit an application.
Creative Business Loan Fund Launches
In partnership with Bridgeway Capital and Community First, the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts is pleased to announce the launch of the Creative Business Loan Fund. This fund makes available $2.2 million in the form of affordable, flexible financing to small, creative businesses across the commonwealth. Click here to learn more.
American Rescue Plan Act Elevates Small Business Support in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
The American Rescue Plan Act provides additional relief for the nation’s small businesses and hard-hit industries for programs the SBA is currently administering and adds new efforts. Click here to read more.
Pennsylvania COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program (CHIRP)
The Pennsylvania COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program (CHIRP) will allocate $145 million in funding assistance to the hospitality industry businesses adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Click on a county below for more information and application guidelines:
- CHIRP – Bradford County
- CHIRP – Lackawanna County Applications are no longer being accepted for this program.
- CHIRP – Monroe County
- CHIRP – Pike County
- CHIRP – Susquehanna County
- CHIRP – Tioga County
- CHIRP – Wayne County
- CHIRP – Wyoming County
Financial Assistance Available for Small Businesses/Employees
Federal (SBA Coronavirus Relief Options)
Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Application Portal (click here)
- January 14 webinar recording
- Read more about the grant here.
- Want to know how you can be prepared to apply for the grant? View Lehigh SBDC’s SVOG Preparation video here (14-minute watch) or the Small Business Administration’s SAM Registration Training video here.
Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
- Click here for information.
- Application deadline extended through December 31, 2021
- Are you looking to determine if your business is potentially eligible for a Targeted EIDL Advance? A new mapping tool is available to help you determine if your business is in a low-income community, which is a requirement to qualify for a Targeted EIDL Advance.
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program (CHIRP) – see above
- Creative Business Loan Fund – see above
Important COVID-19 Information for Small Businesses
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) – EEO Laws and COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Federal Resources for U.S. Small Businesses Affected by COVID-19
- COVID-19 Resources for Pennsylvania Businesses, Communities, and Local Governments
- Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry Employer UC & COVID-19 FAQs
- Pennsylvania Department of Health COVID-19 Information for Businesses
- SAM Registration Tips
- Looking for the NAICS Code for your business? Don’t get scammed.
- Google Tools & Resources for Small Businesses
- COVID-19 PPE and Supplies Business-2-Business (B2B) Interchange Directory
Our Network & Partners
- Pennsylvania SBDC Centers of Excellence
- SBA and SBDC – Who Does What?
- Northeast Region Partnerships for Regional Economic Performance (PREP)
- Northern Tier Partnerships for Regional Economic Performance (PREP)
- Northern Tier Regional Planning & Development Commission
Checking on your Disaster Loan Status
- Paycheck Protection Program Loan
Contact your lender.
- SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan
If you have already submitted an application for an SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) as a result of the Coronavirus Pandemic, your request will be processed in the order it was received and you will be contacted once a decision has been reached. The SBA Disaster Customer Service Center is available to answer questions. Please have your loan application number available to expedite your inquiry.📞Call: 1-800-659-2955 or (TTY: 1-800-877-8339) or
📧 Email: DisasterCustomerService@sba.gov
Items to gather as you prepare for obtaining financial assistance
- Business financial records, tax returns, equipment/contents, employee information, etc.
- Insurance policies, inventory and asset lists, client/customer information, profit and loss statements, etc.
- Important Numbers: Your accountant, insurance agent, banker, SBDC Consultant, etc.
Some additional ideas for short-term planning cash flow
- Contact your insurance company now (leave a message or email) to ask whether you have business disruption insurance which may help;
- Contact your banker now to discuss any resources they might have, such as temporary lines of credit, loan deferment options, etc.
- Take a look at your operating costs now, to see what you might be able to cut back, stop, or pay less, but needed payments on;
- Check with your local municipality now to confirm the extension of their tax date (federal and state now July 15);
- Continue implementing compliance and protocols now for employee and customer safety;
- Start considering what you can do now to move on your post-disaster marketing plan; keep your customers engaged as much as possible;
- Talk with your suppliers and vendors now to see what you can do to manage payables.
We’re here to help. Contact us today to set up a time to discuss your small business needs.
SBDC Business Consultants are available to assist existing clients as well as take on new clients and referrals.
Current SBDC Clients should reach out directly to their SBDC Business Consultant.
New requests for for-profit small business assistance can reach out to us as follows:
- Visit our website and choose either “Starting a Business” or “Already in Business.”
- E-mail email@example.com.
- Call 570-941-7588 and leave a message.
We also have interns available to help your business, supported by CARES Act Funding. Learn more here!