Sitting between major holiday shopping days, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the Saturday after Thanksgiving rarely receives as much recognition as it should. Small Business Saturday began in 2010 as an initiative to support small businesses and highlight the impact they have in communities across the U.S. Year after year, Small Business Saturday helps to make holiday shoppers aware of the benefits of shopping small.
Here are 5 reasons to Shop Small on Nov. 25:
- Small businesses are the heart of your community. Small businesses in your community are owned by your neighbors, your son’s little league coach or a member of your church. Shopping at their stores or dining at their restaurants helps to strengthen community ties.
- Support the local economy. When you shop locally, your money stays local. Small businesses create jobs, and your purchases help to support and maintain them.
- Small businesses give back to the neighborhoods they serve. Small Businesses are likely to have relationships with people and organizations in the neighborhood. They are often happy to sponsor events or fundraisers for the things that matter most to the community.
- Find unique products. Small Businesses are often home to unique items you won’t find anywhere else. Pick up unique gifts that will be more meaningful to those close to you.
- Enjoy better customer service. Avoid the crowded stores, cranky employees and ruthless shoppers on Black Friday. You’ll be able to enjoy your shopping experience on Small Business Saturday with personalized and memorable attention.
Help us support small businesses in our area and #shopsmall this Saturday, November 25!