Monday, April 22nd was Earth Day. As a small business, the impact you are having on the environment is no where near corporate giants, but you should still be looking for ways to become eco-friendly. Customers are always looking to shop at places that promote going green. This can sometimes even win a customer over when deciding between two places to shop! As a small business, it is important to promote these green efforts. It will certainly make your customers take notice.
Here are some tips on how to help your business go green!
- Offer shoppers a reusable bag with purchase!
- That way when they come back they don’t need to use paper or plastic!
- If in the food industry, consider switching to paper straws
- Offer an email copy of the receipt to save paper
- Consider donating a portion of every sale to a green initiative campaign
Not only will going green help the environment, but it will help you to get customers in the store as well! There has been an increase in environmental awareness and many people are trying to go green in every aspect of their lives. As a small business owner, use April as a month to try some green initiatives out, the earth and your business will thank you!
The University of Scranton Small Business Development Center