This Thursday, October 18th, is National Get to Know Your Customers Day! When running a business of any kind, it makes sense that your customers play a very important role. They are what keep your business running and in order to have a good relationship with them, it is important that you take some time getting to know who they are.
Through getting to know your customers, you get to know the most effective way of making your product or service available. To do so, it is important to understand the buying behavior of your customers. Ask yourself questions such as:
- What is the age/demographic of the bulk of my customers?
- Who are my customers purchasing for? Are they making the purchase for themselves or is it a purchase for someone else?
- When and how often are they making purchases?
- Is there anything they wish you offered from your business that you do not already offer?
- What is the best way to reach your clients? Are they most responsive through email, Facebook, Instagram, etc.?
By answering questions such as these, it makes it that much easier to market your business and target the audience that aligns most with what you offer. You can learn what your customers benefit most from in your product or service and emphasize that to gain more attraction. In addition, it allows you to improve upon the customer experience that you offer and cater to your clientele’s purchasing habits.
While taking the time getting to know your customers purchasing habits, don’t forget to know your customers personally! If you get regular customers, get to know their names and start some conversations. Send emails to your customers to keep them updated and engaged. When it comes down to it, make sure your customers know you care. All of these simple things can go a long way!
Victoria R. McCormack
The University of Scranton
Small Business Development Center
#pennsylvania #pa #sbdc #nepa #scranton #business #smallbiz #PASBDC #credit #investors #loans #financing #SBA #money #ideas #customers
Artwork adapted from freepik.com